Episode 20 - Shanae

 


Click above to go to Shanae's episode.
Kia Ora and welcome to episode twenty.

I'm excited to introduce you to Shanae. Shanae is engaged to my nephew and I knew I needed to have her on the Candid Kiwi. She is part Aboriginal and tells us her family story and about her people. The Aboriginal people have an old and rich culture that is unique and full. I loved listening to Shanae describe her people and their culture and the love that she has for it. I learned so much and am enriched by listening and you will be too.

Shanae has experienced racism her whole life and has tried to navigate her life being told she's different. She's come out on top, however, and wants to continue to fight for her people but educating herself more and giving back to her community and beyond. 

Shanae is inspiring and you'll walk away educated and feeling determined to do your part in healing the world in your corner.

Please come and listen and learn.

Until next time.........

Ka kite ano au i a koutou

Comments

Popular Posts

Episode Two - April Zastrow

Getting ready to podcast

Very first episode!